Our cornerstone class clearly lays out the steps towards a successful crowdfunding campaign, as well as a career-long action plan most likely to create a lasting, flourishing, direct relationship with your audience. You'll learn how to find your audience, structure your crowdfunding campaign, pick the right goal and incentives, and much more.
We're the only streaming and crowdfunding platform created for filmmakers by filmmakers.
We're the only platform dedicated increasing diversity and inclusion in entertainment at every level.
Panelists: Brandi Payne
This workshop , hosted by Marilyn R. Atlas, is based on her book "Dating Your Character," the how-to screenwriting book. The book provides a map of eight, playful, easy-to-follow, stepping-stones that point the way to a thriving writer-character relationship. Marilyn will incorporate interactive sample exercises from the book into an accessible introduction to encourage writers to go down this path... You're going to be training yourself to appreciate the complexity of your Character: her inconsistencies, her conflicting goals, her varied past.
- Deepening your Character's arc
- Working out of a Character's private, inner conflict
- Creating a layered Character in a short amount of time
- Defining your Character in relation to the agenda of other Characters
- Ensuring you don't just have conflict, but that you have meaningful conflict stemming from diverse POVs (point of views)
- Throwing your Character into theoretical scenarios... to see what makes her tick and how you can exploit uncovered weaknesses
- Getting into your Character's head, feeling the pulse of a scene. Making a scene unfold so it feels like a real-time, but still interesting, development
Panelists: Marilyn R. Atlas